ACDelco Sealed Maintenance-Free Batteries
All ACDelco SMF batteries feature lead calcium expanded grids (Lead Calcium Technology) for improved resistance to corrosion, overcharging, gassing, water usage, self-discharge and thermal runaway, all of which limit battery life in conventional lead acid batteries. The range includes batteries to suit Cranking/Starting (traditional automotive), High Cycle, Dual Purpose Starting/Deep Cycle and Deep Cycle applications.
- Built in Hydrometer ( Most Batteries) – Indicates state of charge.
- Factory-sealed – Makes these batteries truly maintenance-free.
- Polypropylene Case – Reinforced design is precisely tailored to support the battery elements to withstand road
- shock and vibration. This strong durable material combines light weight with high impact strength.
- Liquid-Gas Separator Area – Returns liquid to reservoir for longer life.
- Integrated or rope handle- For ease of transport and installation.
- Flame Arrestor – Safety system, prevents explosion from sparks outside the battery, minimizes acid leakage,
- prevents inflow of dust.
- Heat Sealed Covers – Helps prevent electrolyte contamination and increase case strength.
- Centered cast on plate strap – Stronger than thinner gas-burned conventional connectors.
- Low resistance Envelope Separators – Encapsulated negative plates help to prevent shorting/treeing between
- negative and positive plates as well as aid in vibration durability.
- Increased battery shelf life – Up to 12 months shelf life without charging due to the use of Calcium/Calcium grids.
- (Compared to conventional batteries.)