Safety Information admin 2017-06-19T14:48:10+00:00
Safety Warnings & Information
The product is hazardous according to the definition of Work Safe Australia.
All relevant safety precautions should be followed.
Keep battery and acid out of reach of children at all times.
Always store in a safe place, preferably in a plastic tray.
Keep battery out of direct sunlight, away from any heat sources.
When charging battery, ensure good ventilation.
Polypropylene case can be subject to static electricity, do not rub case, wear rubber gloves when handling.
Batteries are heavy in nature, use correct lifting procedure.
Do not tilt the battery, allowing acid to leak out of vents.
Use baking soda and water to dilute any acid spillage.
Observe the precautionary information on the battery label and the vehicle’s operational manual regards handling and safety requirements of the battery.
Always wear eye protection and appropriate clothing as a precautionary measure when working with the battery.
A damp towel covering the battery when handling will minimize some splash and spark dangers.
Naked flames, sparks, and smoking are potential ignition sources for explosions when in the vicinity of batteries.
Avoid shorting any wiring, terminals or spanners when working around the battery, including electrostatic discharge.
A short circuit has the potential to cause fire or the explosion of the battery, even burns to the operator/ technician.
Only use a damp cloth with mild soap to clean the battery case, only clean terminals with battery removed from vehicle and avoid shorting terminals with brush to prevent explosion.
Explosive gases are emitted when batteries are charged, or in service, these gases can cause injuries such as burns and blindness.
The contents of auto and industrial batteries is very corrosive, any direct contact with skin or eyes can result in burns and blindness.
Protective clothing and safety glasses should be worn when handling to help prevent injury and or damage to property.
Do not allow electrolyte to escape the battery case, it is a hazardous material, and should not make contact with ground water or drainage systems, intentionally or otherwise.
Immediately rinse eyes with water or milk if they come into contact with acid mix, then seek medical advice without delay.
If contact with skin occurs wash off with water and mild soap at earliest opportunity, clothes should be washed the same way and rinsed vigorously.
Always dispose of failed or damaged batteries at an accredited collection station, never place batteries with household waste, do not allow battery electrolyte to escape the battery housing. If the case is damaged place into a plastic collection tray, prior to disposal. (Enquire regards local regulations)