The ACDelco Sealed Maintenance Free (SMF) manufacturing and design process differs from most other conventional batteries in several strategic ways.
ACDelco Batteries use wrought-lead calcium expanded grids that provide; Strong corrosion resistance, Long shelf life, Maintenance free usage, Resistance to overcharge.
Most other conventional batteries use cast antimony grids which make the battery more susceptible to corrosion and water loss.
The ACDelco flat-bottomed, polypropylene rib case provides improved vibration resistance and stronger durability.
While some other batteries use removable covers, the ACDelco SMF Battery incorporates sealed covers with built in flame arresters for better resistance to acid loss, electrolyte contamination and explosions from external sparks.
ACDelco SMF Batteries incorporate a patented Liquid Gas Separator which prevents electrolyte losses. The liquid is collected and returned to the reservoir.
- Polypropylene Case – Reinforced design is precisely tailored to support the battery elements to withstand road shock and vibration. This strong durable material combines light weight with high impact strength.
- Liquid-Gas Separator Area – Returns liquid to reservoir for longer life.
- Integrated or rope handle – For ease of transport and installation.
- Flame Arrestor – Safety system, prevents explosion from sparks outside the battery, minimizes acid leakage, and prevents inflow of dust.
- Heat Sealed Covers – Helps prevent electrolyte contamination and increase case strength.
- Centred cast on plate strap – Stronger than thinner gas-burned conventional connectors.
- Low resistance Envelope Separators – Encapsulated negative plates help to prevent shorting/treeing between Negative and positive plates as well as aid in vibration durability.
Automotive EFB & AGM
EFB (Enhanced Flooded Battery) batteries are specifically designed for use in ISS systems and feature industry leading design features to ensure superior performance, maximum fuel saving & emission reductions.
- Thicker Power Frame Battery Plates
- High Density Active Materials
- Superior Negative Plate Additives
- Improved Charge Acceptance
- Enhanced Cycling Capability
- Highly Durable Grids
ISS systems place unique demands on batteries and conventional batteries should not be used in vehicles with ISS systems. ISS Batteries such as ACDelco EFB batteries are made to handle the rigours associated with constant stop start demands, rapid recharging and the power requirements needed to run electrical accessories whilst the engine is switched off. They must also deliver the necessary cranking capacity to start the vehicle in a fraction of a second when the brake is released or the accelerator depressed.
Marine / Deep-Cycle
ACDelco Marine/Deep Cycle Batteries are designed and tested for use in demanding marine and recreational vehicle applications. They use expanded wrought lead calcium grids, which are far more durable and stronger than conventional cast type grids. To handle deep cycle requirements they also have thicker grids and over twice the active plate material of standard automotive batteries.
- Calcium / Lead
- Sealed maintenance-free
- Polypropylene case
- Heat sealed covers
- Built in flame arrestors
- Wrought grid plates
- Patented liquid gas separator
- Built in hydrometer
- Extremely high quality
- Very low self discharge
Todays trucks, plants and equipment now place greater demands on batteries than ever before!
When you’re on the job, you want a battery you can rely on. ACDelco Commercial Batteries have been developed to withstand arduous demands that leave ordinary batteries dead flat. As a rugged hybrid battery, they provide greater cycle life which means power available over and over again, when and where you need it.. So you can be confident that when you turn the key or switch, you will have the power you need and the reliability you can trust!
- Thicker / Heavier plates
- Denser active paste
- Operated with lower SG rating
- Designed targeted usage
- Special PE tissue separator
Lawn Mower & Garden
ACDelco High-performance maintenance-free Mower and Garden batteries offer numerous advantages over conventional batteries, providing you the customer with better value for money.
- Maintenance-free, fit and forget.
- More cranking power for reliable starting in all weather extremes
- Better charge retention – ideal for seasonal use
- Corrosion-resistant inside and out – stays clean and lasts longer
- Proven quality