Flat Batteries The Leading cause of all Truck Breakdowns
An extensive, year-long survey into the causes of road transport breakdowns in Australia has revealed the humble battery as the number one offender, accounting for up to one-third of all breakdowns, particularly in later model trucks which typically have more cabin accessories and higher electrical power loads.
R&J Batteries recognised this growing trend early on and decided to be proactive in finding a solution.
Our Hardcore range of heavy-duty commercial batteries has been specifically designed to address the problem of premature battery failures in trucking, logistics and transport applications, particularly long-haul road transport.
Built Tough to go the Distance
The Hardcore range incorporates a number of major performance improvements to handle Australia’s harshest operating conditions.
- Significantly thicker positive and negative plates
- Silver-Calcium plate grids
- Taller plates, increased surface area
- Dual Glass-Mat/Envelope separators
- Hot-Melt Lock-Bonded elements
- Airtight Inter-cell sealing rings
- Maintenance-Free in serviceable casing
- More durable, longer-lasting
- Highest resistance to heat and corrosion
- More reserve power for accessories
- Enhanced cyclic ability and plate integrity
- Improved vibration resistance
- Lower self-discharge, stronger joins between cells
- Safer, lowest water loss, maintainable
In a ground-breaking national research project, NRMA Business Motoring has created what could be the largest pool of data on the reliability of Australia’s heavy vehicle fleet seen to date – with more than one surprising result.